In 2019, weddings are all about personal touches and making sure guests have a great time. We’ve rounded up ways couples are bringing the fun to their big day and making it their own. Read about some of latest trends in food, decor, favors, and more.
When it comes to entertaining friends and families at their receptions, brides and grooms are adding exciting features:
- Stop Motion Photo Booth or Photo Booth: Photo booths are a fantastic way to get snapshots of your guests and leave them with a personalized souvenir. Stop motion booths go an extra step by capturing guests in motion inside the booth. If a photo booth is outside your budget or your site’s short on space, you can set up a selfie station with props. Etsy is a great place for sourcing photo props.
- Caricature Artists: Guests can get a good laugh out of having their goofy picture drawn by a caricature artist. It’s also a fun keepsake.
- Cigar Roller: A cigar roller can entrance your guests, and hand-rolled cigars double as wedding favors.
- DIY Bouquet Bar: This one probably works best for day weddings. Set out a table filled with vases of cut flowers, ribbon, scissors, tape, and craft paper for wrapping. Guests can take home a lovely bouquet.
- Band and a DJ: Couples are keeping people on the dance floor with a DJ and a band. The DJ takes over when the band enjoys a break.
Couples are opting for purposeful wedding favors that guests are certain to use such as:
- Cocktail Kits: If you have a favorite cocktail such as a Moscow Mule, Bloody Mary, Mimosa, etc., you can package up all the ingredients needed to make one at home. For example – to make a mimosa kit, place a mini bottle of orange juice and an individual-sized bottle of champagne in a gift bag. Get more cocktail kit ideas at Brit + Co.
- Limoncello: Make limoncello wedding favors as seen on The Knot.
- Seed Packets: This one’s perfect for a spring or summer wedding. If you’re into DIY, design your own seed packets. Consider gifting sunflower or wildflower seeds as those flowers grow easily.
- Fancy Olive Oil: Guests will love a good olive oil for dipping bread and drizzling on salads. Budget-friendly mini bottles are the perfect size for favors.
- Pure Maple Syrup: Is there anything better than real maple syrup? Order some little bottles of the sweet stuff from Etsy.
- Himalayan Salt: Delight your guest with this extra special salt. Every time they sprinkle it on their food, they’ll think of your wedding.
We’re seeing lots of ornamental grasses and dried flowers in wedding decor. Eco-conscious couples are choosing local flowers for their bouquets. They're also opting for smaller bouquets and arrangements with a few standout flowers. Hanging centerpieces, aisles framed by flowers, and floral installations are other gorgeous décor trends.
This year couples are moving away from the naked cake trend and turning to statement wedding cakes. Other cake trends include having multiple intricately decorated one-tiered cakes. Some brides and grooms are ditching traditional cakes altogether and choosing to serve ones made of cheese wheels.
Lighting takes center stage in 2019. Brides and grooms are using statement lighting such as neon installations, lanterns, and tapered candles to set the mood.
Upscale Comfort Food
Couples are pairing fine dining and comfort food and serving guests things like mac and cheese cups topped with lobster, ice cream floats in champagne flutes, lamb meatballs, and more.
Drinks for Everyone
Remember having Shirley Temples as a kid at special events? Everyone likes a special drink at weddings even if it’s sans spirits. In addition to having a signature cocktail, consider including a signature mocktail for guests that won’t be drinking alcohol.
Your guests may be hungry at the end of the night. Brides and grooms are offering fast-food inspired snacks as the party winds down. Popular offerings include burgers, fries, grilled cheese, pizza, and Chinese food. Breakfast food is another delicious idea.
Couples are sending their guests home with individually-boxed desserts. Think cinnamon buns, donuts, brownies, and slices of pie.
Considering the Venezia for Your Boston Wedding?
We want to help make your wedding the event of your dreams. If you’d like to know more about having your wedding at the Venezia, download our Ebook today.